In the 4.0 version of Nick’s Picks, we assess prospects with now having more information on them. As the NFL Combine comes up shortly, we’ll get to see the athletic talents these prospects have. Once the Combine happens, we’ll see how these prospects’ change in rankings. For now, we’ll keep into consideration how prospects are ranked.
- CLE: Sam Darnold, QB, USC
- NYG: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
- IND: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
- CLE (HOU): Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB, Alabama
- DEN: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
- NYJ: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
- TB: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma
- CHI: Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
- SF: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
- OAK: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
- MIA: Derwin James, S, Florida State
- CIN: Connor Williams, OT, Texas
- WAS: Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
- GB: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
- AZ: Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
- BAL: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
- LAC: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
- SEA: Brian O’Neil, OT, Pittsburgh
- DAL: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
- DET: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
- BUF: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
- BUF(KC): James Daniels, C, Iowa
- LAR: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
- CAR: Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama
- TEN: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
- ATL: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
- NO: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
- PIT: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
- JAX: Billy Price, G, Ohio State
- MIN: Arden Key, DE, LSU
- NE: Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State
- PHI: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
Courtland Sutton becomes the sixth overall pick. What? Well, it could happen. I think the Jets are in the same position the Titans were in last season with their receiving corps, where they needed talent and they had the draft pick to do it. Sutton could become a great compliment to recently acquired Jermaine Kearse. Imagine if Kirk Cousins goes to the Jets? They could become a sleeper team for the playoffs.
The 49ers find their lockdown corner in Denzel Ward. San Francisco is really looking like everything is going in their direction. However, their secondary is relatively weak and they need a playmaker in Denzel Ward to shutdown the NFC’s top receivers.
Joshua Jackson heads to the nation’s capital. Some may think that there isn’t a need at corner for Washington, but they are set to ship off Kendall Fuller to Kansas City and Bashaud Breeland may leave in free agency. Jackson could pair up with Josh Norman to make a great tandem.
Baker Mayfield slips to the Chargers. Some think Mayfield will be a top 10 pick, but I expect him to have a Johnny Manziel-esque slip in the draft. His off-the-field issues may not be a huge factor for some, but since the QB is the face of the franchise, some will be turned off by him. Plus, the loud-mouth that is Philip Rivers would be a good mentor for Mayfield.
Lamar Jackson becomes a Buffalo Bill. I think that the Bills will trade up to nab Jackson earlier in the draft, but since I don’t want to predict trades, I have him slipping to the Bills at 21. He’s a more polished version of Tyrod Taylor, and he could be a great pairing with Lesean McCoy.
49ers, Bears, Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Browns, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Chargers, Colts, Cowboys, Dolphins, Eagles, Falcons, Giants, Jaguars, Jets, Lions, NFL, NFL Draft, NFL News, NFL Teams, Packers, Panthers, Patriots, Posts, Raiders, Rams, Ravens, Redskins, Saints, Seahawks, Steelers, Titans, Vikings