It’s the most wonderful time of the year–mock draft season.
Now that the draft order is almost finalized, figuring out how the draft will shake out becomes easier. Every two weeks, I will be making a mock draft titled Nick’s Picks. The mock drafts are subject to change, considering the playoffs haven’t concluded yet and teams’ needs will change accordingly. With that being said, let’s mock.
NOTE: There will be trades, but since I cannot predict who will trade, I decided to leave them out. I have written an article predicting what trades could occur.
- Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, USC
- New York Giants: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
- Indianapolis Colts: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
- Cleveland Browns (via Houston Texans): Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
- Denver Broncos: Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
- New York Jets: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Derwin James, S, Florida State
- Chicago Bears: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
- San Francisco 49ers: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
- Oakland Raiders: Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
- Miami Dolphins: Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
- Cincinnati Bengals: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
- Washington Redskins: Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama
- Green Bay Packers: Arden Key, DE, LSU
- Arizona Cardinals: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
- Baltimore Ravens: Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State
- Los Angeles Chargers: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
- Seattle Seahawks: Harold Landry, DE, Boston College
- Dallas Cowboys: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
- Detroit Lions: Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
- Buffalo Bills: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
- Buffalo Bills (via Kansas City Chiefs): Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
- Los Angeles Rams: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma
- Carolina Panthers: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
- Tennessee Titans: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Connor Williams, OT, Texas
- Philadelphia Eagles: Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State
- Minnesota Vikings: Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Ken Webster, CB, Ole Miss
- Atlanta Falcons: Billy Price, G, Ohio State
- New England Patriots: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
- New Orleans Saints: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
Sam Darnold will be the number one overall pick. He’s got a tough, blue collar attitude to him which fits perfectly with Cleveland. Rosen is too “upper-middle class” for the Dawg Pound, so he won’t be the pick.
The Herd’s Colin Cowherd gives his reasoning:
The Broncos do NOT take a QB. I think they need to give both Siemian and Lynch both a fighting chance before adding another guy. If it doesn’t work out, then next year’s draft can be a viable option. For now, they take star edge rusher Bradley Chubb.
Lamar Jackson, the Louisville Cardinal, becomes an Arizona Cardinal. With Palmer retiring, the Cardinals need a new QB, and Jackson is the best option available.
Mayfield goes to the Chargers. I’ve had a fascination with this occurring, since I think Rivers and Mayfield have a lot of similarities in terms of their persona. Don’t be surprised if this happens.
Quenton Nelson falls to the Cowboys. In every draft, there is a prospect expected to go in the top 10 that falls into the teens. In 2017, it was Jonathan Allen falling to the Washington Redskins. In 2016, it was Laremy Tunsil falling to the Miami Dolphins. Nelson can give the Cowboys’ offensive line the title of the best line in football once again.